Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pinch/zoom gesture in animate cc

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,
The pinch/zoom gesture in animate cc does not work for me.
This is both with the macbook internal trackpad as well as a wacom tablet. The zoom gesture works in all other programms (Browsers photoshop, indesign).
I been using animate cc 2019, but now updated to 2020 (v20.5.1) because I thought that might resolve it, but the issue still persists.  os version is 10.14.6
Is this a known issue? Anything that can be done to fix this?

TOPICS
Other , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Nevermind, I found the awnser in this post https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/zooming-in-and-out-on-trackpad-doesn-t-work-in-adobe-animate-2020/td-p/10769303?page=1
And also I've build a workaround with BetterTouchTool so that the gestures kind of work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I found the awnser in this post https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/zooming-in-and-out-on-trackpad-doesn-t-work-in-adobe-animate-...
And also I've build a workaround with BetterTouchTool so that the gestures kind of work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any tips on how to build a workaround with BetterTouchTool? I just got a new iPad and pencil, and all I want is to use Adobe Animate in SideCar, with the ability to pinch and zoom the canvas, like in every other drawing app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In BTT there are guesture triggers for pinching out and in. So you want to make an application group for Animate (so other pinch zooms are not affected). Set up the pinch triggers and give them "CMD +" and "CMD -" keystroke action. Then also it is handy to set up with the repeate function (play around with rate and repeate till it feels right), so it keeps zooming when you pinch more.

As you can think this gives you not quite the same effect as normal pinching as you can only scale in the same steps as you would when using the keyboard, and I don't think there is any app setting to lower the zoom steps –but there might be also a different and probably more complicated way of making a 'set zoom action'.

But anyhow even this version I think is much better than nothing, as otherwise I always pinched for a minute before I remembered it does not work in AnimateCC, like this at least it does what you want even if not as accurat as I would like.

julians24124784_0-1609928858921.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ps. just noticed: As far as I know sidecar is not yet supported in BTT (at least for guestures). But the main developer does consider adding this in the future if possible

https://community.folivora.ai/t/detect-sidecar-gestures/11215/3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines