• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play sound only on certain frames

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking to find a way to add sounds to certain frames in the timeline and have them only play on the frames they exist on. If I select the Stream audio, it does seem to play when I want but, the animation becomes choppy and out of sync when testing. If I select the Event, the animation runs smoothley but everytime I click on a button all my sounds will play off that event and some sounds will loop beyond their keyframes. What setting should I be using?

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

event should work if you don't care about frame syncing and you only want the sound to play when the frame is entered.  the problems you report are from user error.

you could also use code to play your sound(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! I'm not entirely sure what you mean by frame syncing. To be clear, I have my audio lined on with specific frames of my animation. When the timeline plays, I want the audio to play while those frames are active. If I select sound Event, the timeline audio will play beyond the keyframe and will also trigger every time I press a button and will loop beyond its keyframes. It is also important to note that, I have a separate sound for button press interactions.

If I select the Stream option, the audio works as intended however, the animation becomes very choppy and the audio becomes out of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frame syncing means the sound must play in sync with the display.  it's essential for lip-synching but not much else.  for sound effects, each sound effect should be its own file.

this isn't understandable because it's unknown what you mean by frames being active, "When the timeline plays, I want the audio to play while those frames are active."

this isn't understandable because it's unknown what your button triggers, " If I select sound Event, the timeline audio will play beyond the keyframe and will also trigger every time I press a button and will loop beyond its keyframes."

and from looking at the timeline.png, it looks like not all the sounds (eg, music) need to "sync".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, I would want frame syncing. I want my audio to match certain visuals in the timeline. By active frames, I mean frames with audio attached to it. Currently, my buttons only use the single function shown below. So, once a button is pressed, go to a specified frame and play. I have also attached what the button symbol timeline contains.

var _this = this;
/*
Clicking on the specified symbol instance executes a function.
*/
_this.Generic_Interact.on('click', function(){
/*
Moves the playhead to the specified frame number in the timeline and continues playback from that frame.
Can be used on the main timeline or on movie clip timelines.
*/
_this.gotoAndPlay(50);
});

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you use timeline event sounds and goto's you can expect sound overlap (including sounds playing over themselves).  this should now be a non-issue because you're going to use stream for all your sounds (except the background).

1. your background sound doesn't need to be (and really shouldn't) be attached to a frame and doesn't need to sync.  use code to play your background sound.

2. use audition to remove sound white space from all your sounds.  that will decrease file size and minimize lagging. 

3. an advanced approach would be to preload all your sounds to minimize lagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines