PLEASE HELP ME ADOBE CRASHED LOST EVERYTHING

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project for two years. My last manual backup was 7 months ago. I know I should have done a more recent one but I hand blind trust in adobes backup, but now it's gone its all gone after a crash, adobe said it couldn't save when I tried to save my project, and error and suggested saving somewhere else, I tried that and it crashed. Now my file is reduced to 3 kilobytes and I cant open it.

I think I might kill myself, this is everything I've been working on and its all gone, please! Please is there ANYTHING that can be done to recover this? Im at a loss for words I don't know what else to ask for I am begging anyone. How could my file get reduced to nothing when all I did was open the software.

please

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm really sorry for the work you lost... I can't imagine the extent of your loss.

On this link are some things you can try:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/lost-my-work/m-p/11783444#M339958

Hope they work!

Regards,
JC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing it can find when I do a scan is UxpLong.txt

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear this. I can relate because at some point I lost years of work after losing a backup drive that had no additional backup. Poof! All gone.

Did you not even save multiple versions? Just kept on working with the same master file?

If you did, then you are in trouble. Always save new versions, and more importantly: if it is a larger project, split it up in separate files, because it improves the workflow and avoid these situations.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved one previous version of it. But when I noticed that I couldn't save the main file, I tried to load up the backup file, and that one couldn't save either, then adobe crashed and both files were reduced to 3 Kb

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a swf file of a previous version, but I don't know how to decompile it

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Please save a copy of this file in your computer and in some online storage.

Sothink Decompiler is the best. I guess this is the official website now:

https://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/

It has a free trial. Just download it, open your SWF with it and choose the option to export a FLA.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the video playing fine in Sothinks video player, but when I click ''Export to FLA/FLEX'' and open it in Animate all it does is post the first 5 seconds of it on loop. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it because no Action Script is being generated?

Rubie5FA1_0-1626807327487.png

I'll buy the full version if it will work then

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click shift + enter to play the video it plays fine, but in the editor, I can't see anything past the first 5 seconds

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you were not using ActionScript, it should be working.

Anyway, if you wish, please send the SWF to me in private and I can try on my machine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines