• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pop up menu keeps interrupting detail brush drawing on Lenovo Tablet

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would love any advice for how to stop this annoying pop up window from coming up when drawing small strokes or shapes.  Before this menu pops up there is a small circle that comes on the screen which disappears if my stroke goes outside of the circle and makes an actual graphic stroke.  If I lift up the pen without going outside of the small circle by the pen pointer, the menu comes up.

popUpPenMenu.png

In photoshop, this menu comes up but it is not as sensitive to happening as the one in Animate

photoshopPopup.jpg

I have press and hold set to "Nothing" in the pen settings, but I'm hopeful that there is something else I can do to stop this from happening

penSettings.jpg

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am checking with the team, will get back as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!  i hope there's a simple setting i can change so that i can do detailed drawing on my Lenovo tablet in Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

I noticed your screenshot of the Windows settings but have you tried different settings in the software that came with the Lenovo tablet?

I have a Huion (I know not the same) but I haven't really tampered with the Windows settings at all. I have tweaked a few things in the Huion tablet settings. And everything is going okay for me at the minute.

Also, sorry you maybe already have done this, but are your tablet drivers up-to-date?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much for your reply.  the problem has to do with holding down the pen and it goes to the right mouse button action.  i found another thread that seems to be searching for a solution to this problem: How can I get rid of this "press and hold for right click" - Microsoft Community

he thinks that it has to do with the newest version of windows ink

so with your setup can you go into animate and draw dots?  with me it doesn't even draw anything unless i move the pen through a stroke larger than the little circle that comes up when i touch and hold on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, I can do dots okay.

Did you experiment with the Lenovo tablet software and the drivers are up-to-date? Or even try re-installing the drivers (and the Lenovo software) fresh again?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem.  I am using the Surface Pen on the Surface Book 2 and the right-click menu keeps coming up when using the pen's direct selection tool.  

This is SUPER annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines