Problems exporting and/or publishing video H264/mp4. Animate not talking to Media Encoder.

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the most current version of Adobe CC (2020-2021). Recently Animate stopped allowing me to create an mp4 the way I usually do, if at all. I'm working on a 2019 iMac 5K running Mojave 10.14.6, which I would like to stick with as long as possible since my programs and hardware all work in harmony.

The usual process is:

Go to the File menu//select Export Video/Media//the next window allows me to select how and where I want to save the output (AME is always selected by default//I then hit Enter or Publish//A progress bar appears informing me that the video export is in progress, followed by a message that a video is being generated in AME.

Usually, at this point I wait for a minute while AME is triggered to open by Animate. The file shows up in the AME queue, I hit the green Play button at the top of the AME window to start the queue and the mp4 shows up in my destination folder.

This is what's happening now:

1. Go to File//select Export Video/Media...and nothing happens.

2. There have been a couple of times where I've selected export video/media and a window pops up indicating that the file is exporting to AME, but then the indicator stops at 60%, the program freezes and I have to force quit.

3. If I go to File//select Publish...I get the following message

16,000 Frames.png

I usually select NO. When I have selected YES, a progress bar pops up indicating that the file is being published (100%), and then nothing happens after that. I can't find the published file anywhere, no browser opens with a preview, nothing. As part of my troubleshooting process I have restarted all programs involved and restarted my computer several times. That doesn't change anything.

This is the only thing I have found that works:

I close out of Animate. I open Media Encoder then I open Animate.

I click the Quick Share and Publish button at the top right of the Animate workspace.

I'm prompted to choose Video or Animated GIF.

I choose, hit publish and the file is exported to Media Encoder.

The file shows up in the Media Encoder queue, I determine the destination, I click "Go dog, go!" The deal is done.

So what's up with all of this?

I've been using the same versions of the Adobe programs and the same operating system on my computer since the beginning of 2020. I haven't changed any presets or preferences that I'm aware of. This problem started sometime in July 2021. I encounter the same problem whether the platform type is HTML5 Canvas or Actionscript 30.

Anyone else?

TOPICS
ActionScript , Error , Import and export , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - This may be due to the same reason / workaround explained in

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/animate-not-exporting-video/m-p/12315076#M346471 

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @johnc63324025 

This has been addressed in the latest Animate update - 21.0.9 released today. Please update your copy of Animate & Media Encoder to the latest using Creative Cloud Desktop application to avail the fix.

Thanks, Sukhesh.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines