• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Projector gets broken after transferring out of my Mac

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking into using Mac (or Win) Projectors as a way of delivering interactive animations with voice narration in lieu of requiring users to have .swf / flash player. But when I transfer a perfectly working Mac Projector to an external device (a USB memory stick, Google Drive, a Blackboard website) the Projector reverts to a folder (that apps I understand are meant to be) and double-clicking on this folder just makes the user navigate into the folder where no "app" can be found. Downloading the folder back into a Mac (even the Mac that originally created the projector) reverts the folder back into a Projector icon, BUT clicking on this gives a message that the "<file name in quotes> is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash." - with a "cancel" and "move to trash" as the only options. Zipping the projector first before uploading to an external holder, downloading the zip file, unzipping, and clicking on the Projector icon results in the same message.

Are the Mac and Win Projectors viable workarounds to the flash player? Is there a way to deliver interactive animations with sound-synced Animate products to remote end-users?

TOPICS
How to , Product issue , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Am Sorry I Do Not Know Much About That But It Was Ver Enlightening Thanks For Sharing !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought of something that might help.

For taking the uploaded .app back to a Mac, download the entire folder, without involving zip if that is possible. Then rename the folder to be .app, and it will become an app again.

If zip does get involved you may hit an issue with the length of the names of your assets. If any of them have a very long name, that triggers an issue in zip itself. See if you do have any long named assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines