• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Create Paintbrush" won't work correctly

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially I want to make a custom brush using the Create Paintbrush option. I select what I want and hit the button to create the brush. Animate will try to create a brush with a completely different object I haven't selected during a session. I've tried closing and reopening the app, as well as unselecting it and retrying. This feature has only worked twice out of how many times I've tried.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird. I've used this feature often with no issues. Any chance of providing a screenshot of the brush selection you are trying to create? Or even a screen capture video of this happening?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this vid

https://youtu.be/-kuoImrABtU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to create a brush. It's not me needing a tutorial about "select what you want and hit create paintbrush huh dur." Again, the program is trying to create it with something other than what I have selected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLnrW9o0NzM&feature=youtu.be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I watched your video.

How about to try and isolate the shapes you want to turn into a brush onto a separate layer and lock everything else?

Maybe the fact that you have some disjointed dots is also confusing it.

Try to explore custom brushes with something more 'conventional' like a rectangle to start with.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried on a new document and it let me make a few brushes just fine. It was fine with a few dots and such. It might just be messing up because of the file size, since I usually do it when I'm making backgrounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm you are doing everything right but why it's selecting the non selected object is totally unexpected. i can not reproduce here on a MacBook Pro. Try what n. tilcheff suggested and let us know if that changes things. Sorry this is happening. Maybe test inside a new document?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines