• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"paint selection" no longer paints selections?

Contributor ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, in the newest bug i've found this week, my classic brush is no longer allowing me to only paint selected areas. I'm attatching a pic, and I have to ask, how do mainstream shows like mlp and rick and morty use adobe with a new bug every other day? do they have on sight tech support soley dedicated to making animate run? 

Whats going on here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the bug. This bug is reproducible at our end when using Paint Selection Mode inside "Drawing Objects".

As a temporary workaround please break the "Drawing Object" and try using Brush modes. 

We will fix it in the upcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paint fills (which appears to be selected and highlighted in your capture.jpg) works for me.

what animate version?

as3 or canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.0.6 and actionscript....though i don't know the difference between as3 and canvas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the bug. This bug is reproducible at our end when using Paint Selection Mode inside "Drawing Objects".

As a temporary workaround please break the "Drawing Object" and try using Brush modes. 

We will fix it in the upcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines