• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Target" setting keeps resetting back to Flash Player

Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a small, silly thing but it's driving me crazy...  Using Animate, I'm making an iPhone app.  When I close and re-open the .fla, sometimes it will remember, and the "Target:" will still be set to "AIR for iOS".  But sometimes it resets itself back to "Flash Player" and then I lose a bunch of my settings (eg. the SWC and ANE that I have to keep re-adding).  Why does it do this???  Other times other things have been reset and I've had to re-upload thumbnail images etc.  It's very frustrating because there's already 5937 steps to exporting something to the App Store, and when Animate resets the settings silently behind my back, it usually adds another hour of trouble shooting to reset everything

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Hi - sorry for the delay. Could you please check whether the ANE name/path has any special characters (in the Advanced ActionScript 3.0 Settings dialog that leads to this issue?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why it would do that. Did you try reading up on Air for iOs?

How to package apps for AIR iOS for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nick.  Reading through it.  Not surprisingly, there isn't anything about settings re-setting themselves haha.  I guess it must be a bug.  I'm trying to think if another setting somewhere else would interfere with it.. or if something in the xml file overwrites it.. but a flash file wouldn't even use the xml so that doesn't really make any sense *sigh*.  Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, today I opened the file, and it actually remembered the Target as AIR, but it had removed my SWC and ANE so I had to re-add those again and oh, it re-set the "Strict Mode" "Warnings Mode" back on.

Then just now, I re-opened Animate and the file, and now again it re-set the Target back to Flash Player.  I never really know what exactly it will re-set this time.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Preran is this a bug in animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nick. Let me check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just gonna say that it's maybe the files exported to iOS, but no.  This morning I opened up two .fla's: one that's exporting to AIR for iOS and another that's exporting to AIR for Android, and both had re-set themselves to Target: Flash Player 26.  (so both had lost the ANE's etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please check whether the path under which your fla file is saved has any special characters such as & < > etc.,? Such characters in the file path may lead to this issue. Can you please try removing the special characters in the file path/name and see if this helps?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mohan,

Does a SPACE count as a special character?  That's the only one I see...

D://FLASH/0 Collabs/Erte/iOS

Well, I guess the next strangest is a zero.  But I would think numbers are okay... I'll try removing the space then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the space *and* the zero.  Unfortunately it's still doing the same thing

I opened both files, and they had re-set to Flash Player.

Then I set them back up properly, exported a swf, and saved the .fla's, just in case maybe it was at the saving step that the path mattered... Closed the files, closed Animate.  Restarted again, opened the files.. and they had reset yet again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - sorry for the delay. Could you please check whether the ANE name/path has any special characters (in the Advanced ActionScript 3.0 Settings dialog that leads to this issue?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!!  There's a &

I've taken that out, re-added to the file, saved, closed, re-opened, and it seems to have remembered the settings!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

noflashplayer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines