• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unknown Error; Quitting Application." on a certain file

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm currently experiencing an "Unknown error; Quitting Application" problem. I was working on a project that's due tomorrow (yikes!) when Animate suddenly became unresponsive for a few minutes. After that, I got a pop-up saying "Unknown error; Quitting Application" and asked me if I wanted to save, which I did. I opened Animate again and opened the file, only to have the same thing happen again. I tried opening other files, but they were all fine. Only this specific file wouldn't open. The file size is around 260 MB, so I'm guessing that would be part of the problem? I've tried restarting my PC, uninstalling Animate and updating Animate. I don't know what else to do, honestly.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Best news of the day, mate!

A good approach is to save your file under a new name every hour or so. In this way you will minimise the potential for stressful situations.

Good luck with finishing the job!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

This does not sound good.

Do you not have a backup?

Have you checked to see if there is an auto-recovery file?

There is a small possibility that WinRar may be able to fix your file.

You change the FLA extension to RAR and run "repair archive".

There is also a small chance that the file might open in a different version of Animate or Flash.

But all these chances are quite slim.

If you don't have a backup, then this is the day when you learn the importance of having them.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for the response. I found an auto-recovery file, and it worked. I was in such a panic that I didn't even think about that. I usually do have back-up files, but was expecting to finish this quickly so I didn't bother backing this up. Welp, we live and we learn. I'll be taking note of these solutions in case something like this happens again (hopefully not). Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best news of the day, mate!

A good approach is to save your file under a new name every hour or so. In this way you will minimise the potential for stressful situations.

Good luck with finishing the job!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I do. I ho by section and save the file with the name of the section and so on. Live and learn!

Sometimes the recovery files work, sometimes they don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you continue to face this issue, send me your Adobe ID and phone number. I will check with a support agent to get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines