• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove parenting relationships?

Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've messed up my animaetion-- everything is skewed. Starting over. Anybody know how to remove parenting relationships?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can copy/paste:

objects (all or some) on stage

symbols in your library, 

timeline frames (all or some) from any symbol

layers (all or some) from any timeline

so if you want to unparent the objects on the timeline of ggp1.gp1.p1, copy the p1 layers (shift-click) and paste into a new symbol (eg p2). 

if you want to delete the children of gp1 (without deleting the p1 asset from your project), duplicate p1 and delete p1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was trying to accomplish this today by copy pasting the layers and frames but each time I've tried the parenting relations remain. Is there a way to remove them all without doing it individually? I would like to keep my folder structure and naming convention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such option at the moment; individually is the only way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger that... what's the more basic method of accomplishing this? I had some luck putting all the layers into a symbol/movieclip and then breaking that symbol/moveclip apart in the correct position on the canvas. Is there a better work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using "break apart" on a nested symbol does remove parenting, but you lose all your keyframes and layers in the process; symbols end up misplaced on a single layer on the stage. To put each symbol into individual layers again you could select the symbols, right click and choose "distribute to layers" then rearrange every symbol into their proper position.

If you're starting from scratch, and can work with that, it may be the best option. Even turning off advanced layers doesn't work, as the parent/child hierarchy remains (which it shouldn't).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just figured out that when you press on the child's parenting line, there is something pops out and choose remove parent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines