• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Requesting info on running web slideshow

Enthusiast ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use Muse because it made making slideshows that run over and over and also with buttons easy to make. I lost access to it [don't ask me why as it's too complicated to explain] so I've switched over to Animate.

I got a basic 950x350 slideshow with previous and after buttons working. There's no animation though - the first photo comes on and stops, you click either previous and next for the next or prior one.

So I'd like for this to run continuously with a photo and its text staying on for maybe 10 seconds then fading to the next over and over and of course with the buttons as well. I know the more things you add with actionscript the more complex.

So I'm just seeking any resources for this on how to code this in AS. Any guidance, help or links are appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's for the web, you don't want to use as.  you should use a canvas/html5 document which uses javascript/createjs:

this.alreadyExecuted;

if(!this.alreadyExecuted){
this.alreadyExecuted = true;
createjs.Ticker.interval = 50000; // define slide duration in ms
createjs.Ticker.addEventListener("tick",nextF.bind(this));
}

function nextF(){
if(this.currentFrame+1<this.totalFrames)
this.gotoAndStop(this.currentFrame+1);
} else {
this.gotoAndStop(0);
}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thank you for your help on this and for that code. So bottom line is do I put this on frame 1 on an actions layer? Also - and for what it's worth - I followed a YT demo and used AS. I got it to work and put it on the server and it works there as well, so I'm a little puzzled about your statement of don't use AS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while the playhead is on the first frame, open the actions panel and paste that code.

put the first slide on the first frame, 2nd slide on the 2nd frame etc.

and almost no one else is going to be able to see your as3 slideshow because almost no one else has a flash player enabled on their browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks really appreciate the help and will do. Are you sure though about this? I'm familiar with Flash, having worked on it for years, and know it's discontinued. When I right-clicked on what I made it's not saying anything about Flash. See below:

IMAGE-FOR-SLIDER.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you copied an image, not a swf.  what's the url to your slideshow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines