• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection presets

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I might create selection presets? So a UI or shortcut button I can click (or even shortcut itself to press) that will select a predefined set of symbols on the timeline. Maybe some actionscript is the solution? I'm not sure! Multiple symbol selections is a slow process on Animate (over a long project, it's a time black hole)

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

You can do this using a custom JSFL script associated to a shortcut or you can also use a custom panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this using a custom JSFL script associated to a shortcut or you can also use a custom panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! Do you know if there is a way of targeting a selection based on layer name? I was trying to set up some presets for selection by locking, unlocking certain layers, select all, then unlock the rest. So I'd come full circle back to an unlocked timeline but with a selection made. The commands don't seem to recognise which layers I've unlocked and locked, so maybe there is some code I can add..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

When you first posted, I started thinking about a panel to do what you want. So I created one to save and load selections.

Selection Presets

yk8pZsJ.png

Download link: https://goo.gl/TRj5Tq

Installation instructions:

1. Copy the 'Selection Presets.swf' file to: [INSTALLATION DRIVE]\Users\[USER ACCOUNT]\AppData\Local\Adobe\[ANIMATE VERSION]\en_US\Configuration\WindowSWF.

2. Restart Animate CC if it's opened.

3. Inside of Animate CC, go to Window > Extensions > Selection Presets.

How to use:

1. Select the objects on stage.

2. Type a name and press the + button.

3. Choose the selection mode.

4. Click an item to load the selection.

Notes:

- It will only load the objects if they are inside the same timeline they were saved.

- It only works with symbols (Movie Clips, Graphics, and Buttons).

- Selections will be lost if you close the panel.

I hope to improve all of this in the next version.

Please test it and tell me if it works and if it helps you. I didn't test it extensively, so there might be a bug here and there.

I'll probably make it available for free on Adobe Add-ons website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines