• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drew a person, I want to double click his hand, and then make it a symbol. However, when I double click, I only choose the enclosed area, and not also the outline of the hand. When I hold shift and also select the outline of the hand, it selects the outline of the whole person. Can I only select the outline of the hand, and not the whole character I have?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

it sounds like you might have drawn everything on ONE layer?

So if you click the keyframe, it selects EVERYTHING in that keyframe, then you can press F8 to convert to symbol. If you DON'T want everything in that layer, then you can just use the lasso tool and lasso around the parts you want to convert to a symbol. 

P.S Double-clicking the outline is a way to select the entire outline or all lines that are connected.

Hope that helps! 

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Yes, it is in one layer. I don't know if you have heard of Alan Becker, but I watched this video of his. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NZO2wJ8aGY&t=384s&ab_channel=AlanBeckerTutorials. It's an older version. Still, I tried to do what he did on 6:12. He also has one layer. When I try to do what he does, it selects just the insides, and like you said, when I try to add in the outline, it adds all the other outlines that are conjoined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

No I don't know Alan, but I just checked out the video, and he has a character with a stroke AND a fill inside (the color). So yes, you can double-click the fill and it will select the fill and the stroke. However he also closed the stroke around the arm by adding a line, that way when he double-clicks the fill it selects the outline of the arm ONLY.

Otherwise if the shirt is all the same color when you double-click it will select the entire shirt and ALL of the outlines.

Just add a little stroke to close off the arm, then you should be able to double-click the fill and it will select the arm and its strokes. And if not... you could use your lasso as I mentioned, and/or hold down your shift key as you select more objects to add or include more stuff in your selection.

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the reply again. I added color and i closed the arm with a line and when I double click the fill of the arm, it doesn't select its outlines. Also I tried using the lasso tool, but I do a terrible job with it and can't use it good. Do you have other ideas to help me? I will use the lasso as a last resort if there aren't other ways. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no otther way that I know other than selecting with the mouse, lasso, or both together using shift.

Only other idea would be for me to check out the file.... 

it should be relatively simple.

hope I was able to help a little today.

cheers,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines