• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up an account system or using wordpress to pass data in HTMl5 Canvas?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating an interactive book game in Animate HTML5.  I need to create a way to track users activity in the rendered html5 canvas in order to unlock levels as the user progresses. 

Is this even possible, does anyone know?

Thanks,

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi.

You're gonna need an online database.

I think Firebase or Supabase should be enough.

But if you only need a simple way of storing user data/progress in the browser, you can also consider the localStorage object.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You're gonna need an online database.

I think Firebase or Supabase should be enough.

But if you only need a simple way of storing user data/progress in the browser, you can also consider the localStorage object.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JoãoCésarThanks for the heads up I'll look into this.  I really need it for a logged in user so that things can saved.  Essentially I am trying to have "storage" where as the user progresses it saves items that will collected over time to unlock levels and other things to use for the game play, etc.

Is there anything I can use as a guide for this do you know?  I am new to JS, although I have been using JQuery for years.  I don't even know where to begin apart from hiring someone.  I'm trying to get the POC done for fundraising before then though.

Thanks,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines