Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape tween not working on mask layer

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been having issues when creating a shape tween in a mask layer because even though it seems to work on the project timeline, whenever I test the animation the masked symbol remains hidden. I followed the masking and tweening process step-by-step and have redone it multiple times, but the problem keeps occurring.
This is happening in version 22.0.5. 

Any tips or advice? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

To avoid conflicts, you can convert the shape tween to a symbol. But masks with symbols do not work well. You have to use create symbols to be able to apply the blend modes, in this case alpha. I share with you a tutorial where I show the process.

https://youtu.be/V_svCnCa9v4

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried converting the tween to keyframes? Right-click> Convert to Frame by Frame Animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't have to correct it, tweening is a suitable method.

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid conflicts, you can convert the shape tween to a symbol. But masks with symbols do not work well. You have to use create symbols to be able to apply the blend modes, in this case alpha. I share with you a tutorial where I show the process.

https://youtu.be/V_svCnCa9v4

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines