• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shocked at the level of bugs

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We typically use AE to create animations but I wanted to do something that I could export in both html5 and video. HTML5 works really well in Animate now compared to what it did previously. However, as I am building this project in Animate I am just stunned at the number of weird quirky bugs and strange behavior. Adding an ease should not extent the time of the animation. This causes so much weird keyframe behavior. Making a 3D tween is like trying to wrestle a greased pig. If I move keyframe my MC's implode and double in scale for no reason. Publishing it it still looks fine but it is hosed in the authoring enviroment. I cannot move things on a keyframe without trouble following. WT heck is going on? You can see in this screenshot what is happening. Undo does nothing. I have to save close and reopen every time. And WHY cant you simple move a motion tween keyframe like very other timeline allows you to do? Any help understanding would be great. I am about to jump ship only because it is putting my project behind schedule. Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 1.50.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update. I have been able to more or less move things without problems using the path panel entering the x and y manually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2: If I undo anything that weird scaling pop happens. I have to restart the app to resolve. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the timeline options you can choose whether selecting something selects the whole span, or just that frame. Look to see what you are set to.

spanbas.png

I think you want to have that not be checked.

Are you doing 3D tweens? Do you know those don't work in HTML5 Canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that is cool. No it is not checked. I think they are just a little tempromental. You sort of have to select the keyframe and then click and drag. Got that working. Yes, it is 3D tweens. clearly it is some kind of weird bug. Saving and reopening the app fixes it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah man, looks like you are using Motion Tweens instead of Classic Tweens. You have to "Split Motion" at each keyframe inside the Motion Tween in order to apply separate eases. Classic Tweens work differently as they are frame-based whereas Motion Tweens are object based.

_keyframer_0-1619142293626.png

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I was just getting this weird thing where clicking and draging a keyframe actually duplicated it. It takes a very intentional click and then a seperate click and drag. Might just be my mouse. The wonky 3D tween undo bug is still a mystery. I have to restart app every time I undo anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update. I was able to create some really great videos for youtube preroll. I completely avoided 3D tweens and used Motion tweens in a very limited way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic motion tween is always the best to use in my eyes. 

Also, make sure you have the later version of adobe animate 21.0.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted a little 3d action. I am use to coding animations but this needs to be delivered as a video. I am well into my project now and findinig new problems. Playback has slowed to a crawl when publishing. The only way I can get an accurate playback is to publish as a video, which is a lot more time consuming. Now it is not exporting the music so I will have to add that after the fact I guess. How in the world do animators deal with the playback? Maybe if I create a preloader or something? Ugh, feeling like I made mistake not using AE. Mabye once I have everything in place I will try to open the .fla in AE, I imagine that has its fair share of challenges. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines