Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple Question regarding Hot Keys for Trimming Comps

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Family,

I've been curious for a while about this feature. Anyone who uses AE on a regular basic is quite familiar with the composition trimming hot keys using   alt + [  and  alt + ].   When trimming the front-end of a comp using the hot key, the program will trim the comp to the exact location of the time indicator. However, when you trim the back-end of the comp, the trimming will actually take place one frame later than the location of the time indicator.

Ex. If I set my time indicator to the 10th frame in my comp, then trim the back-end using alt + ], the comp will be timmed at the 11th frame instead of the 10th.

This is not necessarily an issue I'm dealing with, it's more of a general curiousity of why that is the default setting - and if there's sound logic to it that will improve my AE workflow overall.

Let me know what you all know!

-Chris

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you posting about After Effects in the Animate forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh sorry about that. must have clicked the wrong topic. my apologies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgive my typos:

"...on a regular basis..."  / "...the comp will be trimmed..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines