Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stopping audio after changing scenes.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to stop my audio from playing when I change a scene. My audio files are imported MP3 files into my library. I will admit that I am pretty lost on how to make them stop. I've tried changing it to a stream and that doesn't really work. Every post I have found about this kind of goes over my head or they don't post the code so I can't apply it to my own code. I don't how how to make a sound channel or how to edit the sound channel instance. Also, I know how crappy scenes are, you don't have to tell me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can always use:

SoundMixer.stopAll()

to stop all sounds.  this is especially helpful when you don't understand what you're doing and don't care to learn.

if that's not what you want to do and/or that doesn't apply to you, how is your sound added to your swf?  using code?  using the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the sound in the timeline on it's own layer. I have tried that and it doesn't seem to work.

I would love to learn how to do this but I frankly don't have the time. This assignment that I am using this for is due in a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as3 or javascript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Action Script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you executing the stopall after the sond starts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the sound in action script. It's on its own layer in the timeline. Nothing that I do in code seems to be effecting the sounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't matter how the sound starts.

once a sound starts, stopall wiil stop it.  that doesn't stop it from starting again but it should stop it, if you're code is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fine. I figured it out on my own.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having this problem as well, do you mind sharing how you fixed it? My condition are the exact same as yours were

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as3 or html5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you solve this problem? I'm facing it right now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you are using stream not event. After the sound plays it should stop on its own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines