• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Struggling to properly import audio

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I've been fiddling around to import audio for an animated project for about an hour now. I've tried mp3s, 32 bits, 16 bits, wav files an au's but nothing seems to be working. I've been able to load the audio into other programs so I know I don't have a corrupted file and sadly I can't find anything online so far that fixes this issue. Does anyone have a solution? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Audio has to be 44100Hz 16-bit PCM WAV before import.

This is the format that will work best.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio has to be 44100Hz 16-bit PCM WAV before import.

This is the format that will work best.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya there I got everything set up properly but it still won't go into my libarary. Here's my data just in case I got this wrong. I did use Audacity for the conversion so would that be the problem? I'm sorry I'm just really struggling here. 

Makenzie5C82_1-1629345730846.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not be difficult at all, mate!

You just import to Stage or drag and drop the WAVs from Windows Explorer and they will be imported.

Then you click on a blank keyframe and drag the Library item to the Stage - this will put it into the keyframe as a Stream sound, mapped to the timeline.

That's how it should be.

If you are getting errors, post those errors.

Where does the process break?

PS. It seems that the latest version 21.0.8 has a newly introduced bug/regression with importing audio.

Just try an older version of the program.

Animate is drowning in bugs these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makenzie5C82_0-1629351833120.png

This is the error message I'm getting it's super vague so I have no idea what to adjust to fix it. I've tried both drag and drop and import. I have never had to jump back to a previous version before although I'm aware it's a common solution. How exactly would I do that? Would I just unistall and go back to a previous version on creative cloud? Cuz all that shows up on there for me is the latest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, on the Creative Cloud app you will find 'other versions'.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

You will see a list of what is currently available. You can install 20.x separately and keep the current as well.

It is usually a good idea to have at least two separate versions, for example 20.5.1 and the latest 21.xx so that you can quickly trouble-shoot.

I do not use Animate for my professional work as it is very unpleasant to work with and very unreliable, but I have them all here to test.

I did a test with the latest 21.0.8 and a perfectly fine WAV file. I got the same error message.

This same file imports well in previous versions, therefore my conclusion is that it is a newly introduced nasty bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for your help! Installing a previous version completely worked! Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done, mate!

I'm glad you could import your audio and will be able to focus on the actual work now 🙂

Good luck with your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Makenzie5C82 

This has been addressed in the latest Animate update - 21.0.9 released today. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest using Creative Cloud Desktop application to avail the fix.

Thanks, Sukhesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines