• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbol boundaries and registration.

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new symbol, the center stage marker doesn't have an equal amount of space around it. The boundaries reach -750x-750 in the negative direction but then 2000x1450 in the positive. This seems a little weird to me. I don't need this much space, but I would like to know how to set the reference point as center.

I understand that if I draw out an object then convert this to a symbol I will be able to set it's registration point but this seems a bit strange to create a symbol within a symbol. I am well aware that a symbol can consist of multiple symbols and my workflow does utilise this but I'm just trying to refine a few things in my head before I move on to the next project. 

Can registration not be set when just creating new symbol from nothing?

Probably the most noob question ever but thanks anyway.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Have a look at this article which may give you some useful information and guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm not sure if I understand... Do you mind sharing a screenshot or video of what you're trying to do and the issue you're facing?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this article which may give you some useful information and guidance.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for providing this. It was a great read and helped me understand registration and transform points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines