• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols 'going blank' when zooming

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm animating a lot of flying pages of text.

My process has been to make a symbol of a page using a PNG about 2200X1700 pixels.

Then I animate the symbol, generally things like zooming from 0 to full screen etc.

At some scales, the symbols go blank - like the computer can't figure out what to do at small scales.

Is this some basic workflow issue I don't know about?  Like - should I make my stage bigger?  or are my PNGs TOO big kind of thing?  Any advice would be appreciated!

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue, bitmaps disappear when you scale them down too much in relation to the stage, it gets worse the higher the resolution an image is. You can fix this by converting the bitmaps to vector; select the image > right-click > trace bitmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll try that.

I remember it happening months ago, and then I'd not run into it for
awhile, so it became one of those frustrating things 'have I figured this
out already?'

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bitmap resolution is too big. Animate can't render it at a certain scale, so it just makes it disapear. It's a power I wish I had when I can't sort something out 🙂

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines