• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Asset Warp tool in lastest Adobe Animate blurs all shapes and leaves a vectorized bitmap.

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why Adobe's developement team insisted on messing with the Asset Warp tool for the sake of what exactly? Inverse Kinmatics???? IK is in fact, a legacy feature in Toonboom Harmony.  Which means it exists, but it is useless. The parenting system replaced any need for it.  Animate has parenting also ..so there NO NEED for IK.    What Adobe animate DOES LACK is proper deformation tools.  Toonboom Harmony is years ahead of Adobe on this.    The Asset Warp tool inside Animate was never perfect but it was the closest thing Animate had to a deformer tool.     In the lastest Adobe Animate the Asset Warp tool now blurs all shapes and leaves a vectorized bitmap behind.   This renders the tool effectively useless.  I'll now have to revert back to previous versions of the software when the asset warp tool worked properly.   Before the Update Adobe Animate had a useable but broken deformer, now it has ZERO deformers.  At this point I feel bad for Adobe developers working on this software.  This experience is demoralizing for those of use using Animate, but it must also be demoralizing for those forced to continually break the software to justifiy the subsciption.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

The tool, as of now, converts vector shapes to bitmap by default, which is not ideal to put it mildly. 

You can turn this off by going to Preferences > Drawing > Asset warp Tool.

Mario_CR_0-1647362871478.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tool, as of now, converts vector shapes to bitmap by default, which is not ideal to put it mildly. 

You can turn this off by going to Preferences > Drawing > Asset warp Tool.

Mario_CR_0-1647362871478.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg! Thank you! Very happy this isn't permanent.. This is one of those changes that made my blood run cold. I wouldn't even have thought to look for an option to change this back in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah this toggle feature is buried and needs to be more transparent. The Asset Warp tool is fun but we need to have the ability to edit the artwork once it's in its asset warp container also. Fingers crossed this is an update to the tool soon.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines