• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The launch screen for Adobe Animate is distorted

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When starting Adobe Animate, the screen gets locked in the launch screen with elements distorted, namely the bouncing ball which is the white square in the bottom left corner, as if it's being scaled improperly due to resolution. I also cannot interact with the UI.

I do not believe I have messed with any resolution options for my monitor and the computer eventually has Animate run as a background process.

I had this issue spontaneously happen with the previous version of Animate but was fixed after updating. However, now it's back to this distorted screen.

I can open .fla files but they simply open up and nothing in the UI can be interacted with.

Some-Crappy-Edits_0-1617446543260.png

I should note I am using Windows 10 and also have a graphic tablet with a screen on it but the screen hasn't been turned on for a while now.

It has been a few days since I've had this issue and I turned off my computer everyday so I'm kind of left with little options. I've also tried unplugging the tablet in case its monitor was messing with anything, but nothing changed.

I think the only solution is to reinstall but I just wanna see if they're might be something else before I do.

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

various things on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaners, defraggers) can re-corrupt prefence files so if the problem returns:

1. assign a custom keyboard shortcut

2. reset your preferences

3. confirm preferences were reset by checking that kb shortcut was reset

4. did that solve the problem?

if yes, that confirms something is corrupting your preferences and the preference file is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like it might of had something to do with my preferences as I uninstalled it while keeping my settings and the broken screen stayed.

However, after completely unistalling Animate with preferences, it has come back to normal.

Not gonna call it quits just yet because it did work fine after an install but went back to a broken screen after a relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

various things on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaners, defraggers) can re-corrupt prefence files so if the problem returns:

1. assign a custom keyboard shortcut

2. reset your preferences

3. confirm preferences were reset by checking that kb shortcut was reset

4. did that solve the problem?

if yes, that confirms something is corrupting your preferences and the preference file is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines