• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The software is assigning my fill to layers I don't want.

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i expected:  i create a layer for my line & shapes

i create a layer to fill the line & shapes

i select the fill layer, take the paint bucket and fill in the stroke

BOOM EVERYTHING WORK IVE GOT MY FILL ON A LAYER.. AND THE                                         STROKE ON ANOTHER!

What i got:            i create a layer for my line & shapes

i create a layer to fill the line & shapes

i select the fill layer, take the paint bucket and fill in the stroke

BUT FOR SOME REASON, THE COLOURS I FILLED GOT INTO MY LINE                                           LAYER AND NOT THE FILL LAYER(even though i selected the fill layer i created)

I dont know what is happening. im actually on the 7 days free trial version of the software... and everything was looking/feeling fine, until i hit that problem of paint bucket not filling on the layer i want it to and instead shift ans fill on another layer. AND ITS ANNOYING. i was hoping to learn the software and buy it as im an animator and really want to use Adobe Animate. As i said, im new here, maybe im doing something wrong, maybe theres a tweak somewhere to fix that problem... i even tried locking the other layers just to fill the layer i want... but then it doesnt.

pls if anybody got an explanation and help me.. i would appreciate it very much.

i have 6 days left of free trial.. and im stuck on the most important stuff.. THE LAYERS

TOPICS
How to , Other , Product issue , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Sorry to disappoint you, but you are trying to achieve something that is simply not possible in Animate.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hhmm not possible.. then how am i going to layer my stuff  😞

thx for the reply tho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A filled shape and its outline move and animate as a single entity. Having them rendered apart from each other would be... weird.

That being said, if you're dead set on doing things weirdly, you can always manually cut and paste the fill to a different layer after creating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As said in the previous comments, it's not possible to fill in a shape on another layer however you coulddraw the outline, fill it and then select just the fill and copy and paste it to a different layer. It would make animating the two twice as much effort though. Is there a reason you want them on different layers?

If you search for "Jazza" on Youtube, he has an "Ultimate guide to Adobe Animate" which has excellent explanations of how each of the drawing and colourign elements work. It was a great help for me when I first started using Animate. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines