• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency interaction

Participant ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two bitmaps that, via action script, change alphas to fade. As you see in the second image, when this happens, they overlap in an unappealing way. I've read this post: Solved: symbol, transparency and overlapping - Adobe Support Community - 10768358, but it does not apply, I don't think, because it is refering to a animation. Mine is all on a single frame with just action script. How can I make this look better? I suppose I could create a single image in PS and just fade it, but that seems unnecessarily time consuming.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Put the two bitmaps in a single movieclip and set the movieclip to cached in its properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the two bitmaps in a single movieclip and set the movieclip to cached in its properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha. That does it. I failed to mention I had already combined them in a single movieclip, but I was missing the cached option--whatever that is. I guess I'll have to read up on that later. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caching a movieclip renders its contents to an internal bitmap instead of re-rendering it every frame. This is intended to improve performance for movieclips with complex vector content.

https://createjs.com/demos/easeljs/Cache.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know. Thank you very much. I'm going to need some motion sickness pills after that demo though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines