Trying to get converted Symbols from library into the Timeline so I can animate.

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks, new to Animate and I was in the back smoking weed when this lesson was given (not really). Any heroic Animators out there who can help a brotha out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag your bitmaps to stage one by one, each on a separate layer.

Click on each bitmap and convert it to a Graphic Symbol.

Then extend the duration of your Timeline and add keyframes for each of the moving objects (Symbol instances). Change position at keyframes and use Classic Tweens to move the objects between keyframes.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Powertools Team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nick, thank you very much, will proceed. BTW the Assets as listed are already saved as Symbols, thanks to my ability to read English. I guess my guesses about the right way to properly phrase what I needed to know was lacking. When the student is ready the teacher appears. Thank you again!

Chris Conerly

a writer who draws pictures

chrisconerly.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines