• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

videos take too mouch time to start playing - android apk

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I built an app for android. With many videos. when i test them on debugger, and on an android emulator (blue stacks) on my mac. videos start playing immediately. When i install the app on a viewsonic touch monitor. which is the final device where the app will run. The videos take too long to start playing. Im encoding h264 mp4 videos , via adobe premiere. at 10 Mbps. could this be a hardware issue. Is there a way to have all videos already loaded in memory so they don't have to load each time? I get faster video start if I encode smaller (2 Mbps) but this way the quality of the video decreases too much.

Thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0. are you loading via a web connect?

1. there's no reason for more than 1 video to load at a given time.

2. if it's unknown what video will play first until the user inputs something then you can make your best guess or just wait until the video is selected.

3. the videos (or just one, if it's known what will play first) can be imported into the animate library so they'll be ready to play when the app loads.  of course, if there are a lot of videos in the library, the app loading will be delayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

I think you're gonna have to create some sort of preloading screen before making the video available to be played.

If that doesn't work for you, do you mind providing a video recording showing the issue?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines