• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What about open API for "External Importer" ?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little background: I once asked a question about 9Slice support in FCM publisher in CPSDK. After I didn't get any responses and saw total silence from Adobe I went to do Reverse Engineering, for scientific purposes of course. And i found one thing to get structure with data i need, this issue is solved.
Also along the way I found a lot of interesting things for me. Now I want to try to ask about the "CExternalImporter" or the short name "MFI".
As far as I understand this interface is similar to FCM but for importing files.
Right now Adobe Animate only uses this interface to import PSD and SVG files.
My question is does this import interface have a chance to be open API like CPSDK?
And I personally think that it would be great if such a bunch of APIs for import and export would be released together, but we got the opposite, which for me is a little illogical.
And to be honest, I don't have much desire to make a custom .fla file reader/writer for which I haven't seen the documentation and for which I will need to do one more global reverse engineering of the entire process of creating and saving a fla document anyway, it would be much better to do this using an already existing API which for some reason is still closed and I see no reason for it to be so.

TOPICS
Code , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the more acronyms you use, the less likely you'll get responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines