Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What aspect ratio for Instagram?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community members,

I've been trying to post my animations on Instagram lately. However, everytime I did so Instagram cropped my videos. I believe this is due to the aspect ratio.

Now, this is quite a recent issue, since I've been able to post normally before. But last month or so Instagram had this new update, which seems to support only 1:1 aspect ratios (squares videos), no other ratios are supported for some reason.

So, I tried looking for the 1:1 ratio in Media Encoder, but I can't find it anywhere, there is only the 16:9 ratio, which I know was supported by Instagram until this update.

Could anyone please help and tell me how I can put my animations in 1:1 aspect ratio (perhaps it can be done in Media Encoder but I might've overlooked it)?

If this isn't the solution, could you please tell me what is?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know you can customize any of the presets, right? Just pick one that's close, then go in and modify the video width/height.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines