Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When exporting to mp4 only one frame exports

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 🙂

I'm very new to Animate - about 4 hours so far.

I've created a very simple animation of a character blinking. I copied and pasted the body and face from Illustrator into one layer and then the eyes into a second layer.

I created keyframes onto which I put the eyes blinking in different stages.

When I click Play, the animation works perfectly. When I export to mp4, I only see the first frame with no animation.

Extra details:

1. When I export to GIF, the animation works perfectly.

2. I think that I made the Timeline within the character. i.e. When I click outside the character, the layers in the Timeline disappear. Also, when I click on Scene 1, the layers disappear. I thought this might be the problem so I copied and pasted the layers into the Timeline. The mp4 still is static. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all animation must be on the main timeline or in graphic (not movieclip) symbols that are on the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Place the symbol on the main timeline.

Add a frame (f5) for the duration of time you want the symbol to exist on the main timeline.

When you export the entire movie your symbol animation will be exported and will be visible for whatever the duration you have it displaying on the main timeline.

It doesn't matter whether the symbol type is MovieClip or Graphic for the export process.

However, one of the differences between the MovieClip and Graphic symbol types is that the MovieClip only displays its first frame when it is nested on the main timeline while you can see a graphic play throughout its duration on the timeline. There are also some other differences like loopability. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines