• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I attempt to move an object or symbol with the arrow keys, it moves diagonally

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like my title says, when I try to move things with the arrow keys for precise moves, the objects move diagonally. But only in one direction. When I press ANY of the arrow keys, it moves diagonally up to the left. Is there a setting I accidentally turned on? I tried installing different versions of Animate but it does it in every version. It wasn't happening earlier in my project, but recently. Is it possible it's attempting to move it backward in a 3D space? Any help would be appreciated, this problem is making it hard for me to align things...

TOPICS
Other , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

This is a remarkable video you posted!

Would you try to remove the camera layer and see if it still behaves like this?

It would be good if the source of this madness is identified.

Do your arrow keys work OK in a new file where you only have one object and no camera?

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and can confirm that it only does this when the camera is active as far as i can tell 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue happens to me aswell but I think the only way is to hide the camera,continue the work and then enable the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It must be a bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Spoier @james_179 @Flare121 @yazoozay Thanks for reaching out, we are already tracking this issue for a fix internally. we will get back to you once we fix the issue.

Thanks  @n. tilcheff  for pinpointing the issue.

Thanks!

Arvind 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck at fixing it, Arvind!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One is you cant test the movie while you working whit movments when you trying to sinhronize with sound .... so for how long this issue has been ....  all my trial 7 days I was trying to sort similar issueswith adobe animate i miss flash 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you hide camera not loosing its position and movments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines