• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I getting incompatibility report and can't open an Illustrator file in Animate?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I never worked with Animate before, and I am exploring it for some project.

Right away I can't open an Illutrator file.  Why is that happening? 

The Illustrator file is 1920x1080 which is the same size file I am trying to open in Animate.

Capture33.JPG

TOPICS
Error , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Illustrator effects like feathers, advanced gradients, complex text/stroke styles and so on aren't fully compatible with Animate, that's what the warning is about. See this page for more information. Clicking the incompatibility report generally lists the problematic items in the AI file, some of them can be corrected by using the recommended settings suggested in the Import options area of the AI Import dialog box.

If this fails you can still ignore the warnings and import the file to the stage anyway to see what elements are causing problems and fix them in Illustrator either by removing effects, convert text and stroke styles to outlines or in the worst of cases import them as bitmap.

Note: You don't need to re-save the Ai file, you can just copy-paste the objects into Animate after you edit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a similar issue, but when I click the incompatibility report to open it, nothing happens. Do you  know why? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the best way to get items from illustrator to adobe animate is to just literally copy the files inside illustrator and then paste it right into enemy it will paste with all the layers and work just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines