• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why symbol s animation changes doesnt show in main timeline?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I animate symbol and then animate it in the main timeline, the animation of symbol doesnt shows, but if i delete animation in main timeline and make it again, animation of symbol shows. What happens?

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using Movie Clip or Graphic symbols? 
Movie Clips will NOT show their nested animations unless you double-click to go inside of it and play the nested timeline. MCs WILL play when the document is published however.

Graphic symbols WILL play their nested timeline(s) inside the Animate authoring environment because they are frame-based and in syc with all other timelines including their parent timeline.

Now, with Graphic symbols, you have the option to control how it plays by selecting its instance and in Properties, select Play Once, Single Frame, Loop, etc. There's also a Frame Picker panel dedicated to even more granular control of Graphic symbols.

So without seeing a screenshot of your FLA, it's hard to pinpoint exactly why you are hving this issue, but I bet its simply how confusing the differencve between MCs and Graphic symbols can be if not familiar. 

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines