• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't my file open? Was it corrupted or was it old?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on my first FNF (Friday Night Funkin) Mods called "Rabbids Murder AU" Sometime wasn't there for like 3 or 4 day because I have school. And When I was on for a work for the sprite. It said something that a file was a error I don't know what it said. So now I was confusing and DON'T WANT TO START OVER FOR THE SPRITE! Will someone can figure it out please. Thank You.

TOPICS
Error , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if, when you try to open the fla, you see an error message that fhe file is corrupt, you can try to repair* it or look for an auto-recovery file**.  if you see any other message, what is that message?

* to repair:

rename the fla to a rar

open in winrar

repair the rar

rename the repaired rar to a fla

retry opening the fla in animate, or unraring the repaired rar and see if you can view the assets and import them into a new uncorrupted fla.

** to find an auto-recovery file

open AutoRecoverFilenames.txt*** and see if there was a saved file and, if so, check the folder location listed in that text file

win:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

mac:

Users/<username>/Application Support/Adobe/<animate/flash version>/en_US/Configuration/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm on Mac Laptop and I don't know it was a Window but it was I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I have to Start Over ;_;. Man I gonna take forever and my Dell Battery is dead so I can't bring it to school. Hope u still give me some answer to fix it for the Dell Laptop/Chromebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you can't understand the help i've already given, what was the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Repair and Click RAR and what I saw a message it said "No files repaired" I don't know to change fla to rar because i'm on dell laptop and sometime I'm trying my best to figure it out. Is their anyway with it. And also I don't know how to repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

to change any file type, including a fla to a rar, just rename the file extension.  eg, rename

project1.fla  to project1.rar.  then:

open project1.rar in winrar

click repair

rename project1_repaired.rar to project1_repaired.fla

try to open project1_repaired.fla in animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I usually found a video and I kinda little work because it said "recover", BUT it still corrupted I don't know how and I don't know how to fix it if it already recover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines