• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XP-Pen artist 22R pro slider wheels aren't working fully in animate?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, first time here! I just got a new XP-Pen Artist 22R Pro tablet for Christmas and have been ecstatic about using it. However, when I went to try some of the features in Adobe Animate, it simply didn't work properly. I can do most things with no issue, but whenever I try to zoom in with the left slider wheel, it won't let me, it will only zoom out. Doing other options like changing the brush size it works without trouble, making it grow bigger and smaller, but with the zooming feature, it only lets me zoom out. Then on the other wheel, it doesn't allow me to rotate the canvas.

I tried doing these things in Photoshop and it worked just fine, so why is it just Animate that's giving me trouble? Animate is up to date and I can't find anything online, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

I also have the XP-Pen 22R display tablet and run Animate. So, Animate doesn't work like Photoshop. The support for canvas rotation is very different and a bit clumsy in Animate. My left wheel will zoom in and out fine. As far as Rotate goes, the right button doesn't work by default because the key command is Shift+H which then requires clicking and dragging within Animate to rotate the canvas. This process is different then Photoshop. I tried opening the XP-Pen driver software and assigned this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see if you can update pen's drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to the latest drive according to the website and it still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assign a custom keyboard shortcut if you have no current custom settings 

uninstall animate including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

confirm your custom setting was reset

if it was, retest your pen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Illustrator, I have not been able to find a preference for keyboard shortcut reassignment for rotation. I recall there was a shortcut to rotate an increment one way or another, but can't find that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@GoombaGurl 

if you have an illustrator question, post in the illustrator forum.  otherwise, do you have an animate question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the XP-Pen 22R display tablet and run Animate. So, Animate doesn't work like Photoshop. The support for canvas rotation is very different and a bit clumsy in Animate. My left wheel will zoom in and out fine. As far as Rotate goes, the right button doesn't work by default because the key command is Shift+H which then requires clicking and dragging within Animate to rotate the canvas. This process is different then Photoshop. I tried opening the XP-Pen driver software and assigned this key command to the specific wheel, but it still doesn't work. You'll likely want to use that key for something else such as scrolling the timline or similar.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines