Highlighted

1000's of unwanted frames added

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my students is using Adobe Animate (latest version) and somehow she generated 60,000 keyframes.  We have done quite a bit of researching and can not find an answer to delete the frames as the option is grayed out.  We were hoping there was an auto-save folder with an older version, but no such luck and the revert option is not available because she closed out and restarted so the latest version includes the extra empty keyframes.  We tried exporting the animation, but it doesn't allow us to do that even because it is too long!

Any suggestions to where to go from here would be appreciated.

Disclaimer:  the kids are lightyears ahead of me using this program but are still beginners so we are still learning the ins and outs and are from knowing sometimes even the obvious.  Thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JoãoCésar | Adobe Community Professional

Hi.

Did you manage to solve this issue?

if not I have a simple JSFL script here that should trim your timeline. Sorry for not have suggested it before.

JSFL code:

var doc;

var timeline;

var layers;

var startFrom;

function start()

{

doc = fl.getDocumentDOM();

if (!doc)

{

alert("Open a document first.");

return;

}

timeline = doc.getTimeline();

layers = timeline.layers;

startFrom = prompt("Type the initial frame. Ex: 40 will trim from 40 to the end.");

startFrom = parseInt(startFrom);

if (isNaN(startFrom))

{

alert("Please type a valid frame number.");

return;

}

layers.forEach(function(layer, index)

{

timeline.currentLayer = index;

timeline.removeFrames(startFrom, layer.frameCount);

});

}

start();

JSFL script Trim Timeline download:

animate_cc_jsfl_trim_timeline.zip - Google Drive

To use JSFL script in Animate CC, do one of the following:

- Double-click the JSFL file;

- Drag and drop it over the Animate CC IDE;

- Add it to the commands folder.

Regards,

JC

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1000's of unwanted frames added

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my students is using Adobe Animate (latest version) and somehow she generated 60,000 keyframes.  We have done quite a bit of researching and can not find an answer to delete the frames as the option is grayed out.  We were hoping there was an auto-save folder with an older version, but no such luck and the revert option is not available because she closed out and restarted so the latest version includes the extra empty keyframes.  We tried exporting the animation, but it doesn't allow us to do that even because it is too long!

Any suggestions to where to go from here would be appreciated.

Disclaimer:  the kids are lightyears ahead of me using this program but are still beginners so we are still learning the ins and outs and are from knowing sometimes even the obvious.  Thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JoãoCésar | Adobe Community Professional

Hi.

if not I have a simple JSFL script here that should trim your timeline. Sorry for not have suggested it before.

JSFL code:

var doc;

var timeline;

var layers;

var startFrom;

function start()

{

if (!doc)

{

return;

}

startFrom = prompt("Type the initial frame. Ex: 40 will trim from 40 to the end.");

if (isNaN(startFrom))

{

return;

}

{

});

}

start();

Regards,

JC

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The easiest way to solve this is drawing a marquee selection on the frames you want to preserve, right-clicking them, and choosing Copy Frames and then pasting them in another FLA by right-clicking again in a empty keyframe and choosing Paste Frames.

If you can't select all at once, do this little by little.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with this process.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 1
Advocate ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawn

She generated 60,000 keyframes ??!

Where? I mean, obviously in the timeline. But in how many layers? Can't you just delete the affected layers. Or is all work contained in those layers with those unbelievable 60.000 keyframes.

Normally you get rid of keyframes by selecting one and select from context menu: Clear Keyframe. That is possible too by selecting multiple frames/keyframes at once.

If you want to delete those 60.000 frames - select them all and press shift-f5 .

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 1
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes....60,000!  She's a smart kid too and we are not sure if she hit some magic combination of keys on the keyboard to do this, or was something resting on the keyboard adding frames without her knowledge...we are clueless on that... but we've tried several processes and looked to see if things were locked in place, etc. but can not seem to dump them.  I will pass on the info and see what results we have. I don't see her until late in the school day, so we will let you know if your suggestion works.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that she is painstakingly copying over to a new file.  So actually, looking at the picture she sent me....I'm thinking the math was not quite right.  24 frames per second and 63174s, maybe its' a few more! 64000frames.png

Thanks, everyone for the feedback and advice.  Appreciate it greatly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the frames in your screenshot are blank. I'm guessing there's only a single layer with actual content that's extending the timeline out that far. Just find it and crop it. Takes like 30 seconds.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, they are blank.  But that was the issue...we couldn't delete/cut or even export.  As I said, I feel like we were missing something obvious, but still have yet to figure it out to why it happened and more so, why we can't delete it.  She's now just copying her animation into a new file. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 0
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

JSFL code:

var doc;

var timeline;

var layers;

var startFrom;

function start()

{

if (!doc)

{

return;

}

if (isNaN(startFrom))

{

return;

}

{

});

}

start();

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 0
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is amazing. I did not even think that you could add this many frames. I like JC's idea. When I have a big problem with a fla, I do copy the stuff in a new fla. I think it is easier than to delete 60,000 frames unless as Klaus said they are in their own layer and then deleting the layer is also an easy fix.

Wow!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0