• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

$200 Bounty to Save Corrupt File! Help!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as a full time animator on monthly projects. This morning, my computer crashed on me while working for no f'ing reason. Now when I try to view that file it says "Unexpected FIle Format."

I need this fla to work, it is due ideally today and I just lost half a month's worth of work. I will give 200 dollars to the person that can give me information leading to the salvaging of the fla. Even if it is a back up file or missing a few things. Merry fing Christmas.

I work in flash Cs6

I use Windows

I have looked into C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS6\en_US\Configuration for temp files but no avail. perhaps I am missing something else.

I think I have tried the rar. fix but

Help me Obi wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

I'll be happy to provide you with any additional information. First come first serve.

TOPICS
Error , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm really sorry for this.

Please share your file here or PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to recover not even the Library items. The folders are there, but there are no items.

image.png

image.png

It think it's a good idea to keep trying the recover process using other tools.

I hope someone else here can help you out.

And I wish you the best in your search!

Regards,
JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying and for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious. Do you ever work on google drive? Since they have file history you can recover work easily. They usually keep versions for 30 days unless you mark it as being permanent.

Also, it is a good idea if you are not working using some version control of any kind, to save with different index on a regular basis.

Did you publish  it before the crash. Do you have a publised version?

I am sorry about your predicament.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No unfortunately I have not worked on GD. I am usually good about back ups, but the one time you don't... Really bizzare. I did not publish, only exported the swf, if that counts. Funny enough the swf exported successfully, but then as soon as I went to review it the whole computer crashed which corrupted the fla and that swf, which is a shame because I wish I could have atleast decompled the swf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry! This must be a terrible feeling! Yes seem true that the only time you do not have a back up it decides to crash or be corrupted! Murphy's law, I guess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. Luckily the people I work for are pretty understanding, especially in circumbstances like these. Just going to bear down and get through it. And not forget to back up for a single second. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, mate, I can feel the pain, but it seems this is the only way we learn.

Always save incremental versions of your file a few times a day; always do nightly backups to two external locations.

For the $200 buy a back up drive or a good bottle of scotch to commemorate this day. It can last you a few years and be a good way to celebrate the newly acquired wisdom 🙂

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Much alchohol was needed indeed. Luckily I had someone do the rar. repair thing and save a nice little chunk. In tandem with some of my own swf exports I decompiled, I blitzed and finished the project yesterday.

A day long remembered for the empire. Reapproching my back-up ethics forever. 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines