• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2017 commands don't show up in Animate 2020

Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some Animate CC commands that I got from a Lynda.com (now LinkedIn) tutorial. They are tween and "next keyframe" commands. I searched the Commands folder in my file explorer, confirmed that it was the Commands folder for Animate CC, and copied the commands into the file as shown in the tutorial. However, the commands are not visible to me in the Animate CC commands dropdown as they were to the instructor in the tutorial. And they are not visible when I try to assign keyboard shortcuts either.

I tried to attach one of the files to this inquiry, but it got deleted and I got a message in red from adobe that read: "correct the hilighted errors and try again. The attachment's tween shape-80.jsfl content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

Is there another way to do this in the updated version? Is it possible that the commands from 2017 just don't work in 2020? Has anybody else had this issue?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Update: Somebody tried to answer me, but their answer is gone now. They said: " You'll have to copy your JSFL files from the 2017 install to the 2020 install."  Is this the correct solution? And if so, how do I do that? I never had An2017. I only have An2020. The tutorial is from 2017, so I assume the commands are as well.

TOPICS
Import and export , Missing feature , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Hi mate,

If the commands are not showing up, this means that you are not copying the files where you should.

Commands in most cases work fine across different versions of Flash/Animate.

Here you will get detailed information how to find your config folder:  http://flash-powertools.com/manual-installation-of-edap-tools/

We have tried to write it in the most error-proof way we could to help our users install manually if the automatic install script fails.

Hopefully the information will be helpful t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every major version of Animate is treated as a completely separate installation. You'll have to copy your JSFL files from the 2017 install to the 2020 install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

If the commands are not showing up, this means that you are not copying the files where you should.

Commands in most cases work fine across different versions of Flash/Animate.

Here you will get detailed information how to find your config folder:  http://flash-powertools.com/manual-installation-of-edap-tools/

We have tried to write it in the most error-proof way we could to help our users install manually if the automatic install script fails.

Hopefully the information will be helpful to you too.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're my hero! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you got them working, mate!

Well done!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines