• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 Questions from a Newbie about Converting Flash into HTML5

New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!  I may be interested in a subscription to Adobe Animate, but I have 3 questions.  

I have a collection of 60+ interactive instructional lessons in the Flash format.  Each lesson consists of organized groups of SWF files.  Each of these lessons features an animated, “talking” avatar.  What I need is a way and/or resource that will allow me to turn these SWF files into a functional version of HTML5. Although I have some experience with HTML, I have absolutely NO experience with HTML5.  With that said, here are a few questions:

1.  Is Adobe Animate the tool I need to make this conversion?
  2. Given that I have NO HTML5 experience, will learning to use Adobe Animate be a formidable time-consuming task, or is it something intuitive and easy to learn and use?
  3. I would expect that I am not going to immediately experience success, and as a result, I will probably need a lot of tips/advice from support.  Is support for Adobe Animate thorough and readily and quickly available?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and thanks!  Chad Manis

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  yes, but none of your code will be converted.  if there's no code, the auto-conversion will usually be satisfactory.  if there's actionscript (as), that as code will need to be converted by hand to javascript (js) code.

2.  animate is a complex tool, but you'll probably only need to use the code panel which is easy if you know how to code and very easy if you already know javascript.  if you've never written code before, you have a lot to learn.

3. if you are willing to learn, you can get a lot of free help here after using a search engine to search for tutorials on how to do whatever you need to learn and then coming here if you have questions.

if you don't know how to code and don't want to invest many hours learning and are looking for forum users to do your work for you, you should hire someone.  (this forum a good place to find someone to hire.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your thorough reply.  Yes, there is code involved, and no, I have no experience with Java.  Paying someone else to take this on sounds like an option, but I'll bet that's going to be pricey.  Anybody or any agency you can recommend would be great, and once again, I thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds simple enough. You can just use code snippets to help you build your interactive product in animate if you don't know code. Code snippets was create for those that don't do code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I think I finally found a work around for this.  Instead of converting all of my swf files into HTML5, why not just send the standalone flash player from Adobe to the end user along with the swf?  The flash player is an exe file, but I'm thinking if I zip it along with the folder containing the swf, it won't get flagged as a security risk.  What does everybody think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't think you'll find many people that will install that on their computer but i could be wrong.  if they're naive or just very trusting, they might comply.  try it and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines