• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D logo rotation

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I created a 2D cylinder tiki head and wanted to make a 360 degree animation out of it. I created the front view, both left and right views and the back view. Is there a way I can achieve this in Adobe Animate and possibly use the classic tween function? I'm new to Animate and have been trying to figure this out for hours. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Screen shot of the Tiki headTikiHead_digitalSketchOutlines_allSides-01.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the sort of situation where you should have attached a screenshot showing what you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I just added an edit with the tiki heads attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, and what exactly do you mean by a "360 degree animation"? That can mean a lot of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to take the image, and rotate it on the x axis 360 degrees so you will be able to see every side of the Tiki. Im not to sure how else to explain it, I just want to make the tiki head turn right all the way around so you're able to see every side within the animation. 

Here is an example of what I am trying to achieve within Animate, I guess it might be called a Faux 3D spin.

Go to 9:42 in this youtube video.

(I am also using Animate and not After Effects becasue it is one of the requirements for my assignment) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should just be able to put each on a separate frame after each other than select all frames and align them all to the center and bam! 360

360.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

What you want to do is best suit to a 3D animation tool.

But if you really want to use Animate CC, that is a 2D animation tool, your options are:

- Create inbetweens like in a traditional frame by frame animation;

- Create a really, really smart rig and try to rotate your cylinder using tweens. Andrea Gerstmann has two amazing examples of how to rotate a character in Animate:

The example of the diamond you provided is way easier to replicate because it uses only a few straight lines. But with a face, like your drawing, things get much more complicated.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines