Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Rotate tool grayed out

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, rectangular prism girl again,

I can't figure out the shape tween, so I figured I would just use the 3D rotate tool to give a similar effect.  But, as luck would have it, It doesn't work for me like it does for those people in the tutorials. I converted the shape (on its own layer) to a symbol, put a movie clip symbol in another graphic symbol, but I have yet to see that 3D rotate symbol NOT grayed out. I even tried the shift+w command, to no avail. Here is a screenshot for reference. Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

daniellec11772128  wrote

I can't figure out the shape tween, so I figured I would just use the 3D rotate tool to give a similar effect.

This is somewhat like saying, "I couldn't figure out the can opener, so I figured I'd just use the CNC machine."

Shape tweens are simple, and a fundamental part of Animate. 3D rotation is complicated and rarely-used (and as you've discovered, not supported in canvas documents).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I can see your file is Canvas. Convert it to AS3 file and all greyed out options should activate.

Use Canvas only if you know why you are using it. It has lots of limitations.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daniellec11772128  wrote

I can't figure out the shape tween, so I figured I would just use the 3D rotate tool to give a similar effect.

This is somewhat like saying, "I couldn't figure out the can opener, so I figured I'd just use the CNC machine."

Shape tweens are simple, and a fundamental part of Animate. 3D rotation is complicated and rarely-used (and as you've discovered, not supported in canvas documents).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines