• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

8K Animations

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to dispaly my artwork on a 16 sqare foot display composed of 16 television tiles. I see there's a 4k display preset, but what should I consider when animating for 8K resolution?

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature , Other , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

I suspect that few if any computers would be able to drive a live animation at 8k, so could you export the animation as video? If that is an option you could work at any 16:9 size stage, even say 1280x720, so that previewing will work well. Then when you export the video you set the size to be 7680x4320.

Any vector art will scale up well, and any bitmaps you use could be scaled down on the stage. For example, if you had a full screen image the original would be 7680x4320, but scaled to 1280x72

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that few if any computers would be able to drive a live animation at 8k, so could you export the animation as video? If that is an option you could work at any 16:9 size stage, even say 1280x720, so that previewing will work well. Then when you export the video you set the size to be 7680x4320.

Any vector art will scale up well, and any bitmaps you use could be scaled down on the stage. For example, if you had a full screen image the original would be 7680x4320, but scaled to 1280x720 to fit on your working stage. When you export at 7680x4320 the original detail will show.

Another thing to know is that you can set the stage quality to the highest possible. Make sure you are working in an ActionScript 3.0 FLA, and not HTML5 Canvas, and add this code to the Actions panel in any layer's frame 1:

stage.quality = "16x16";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a huge wall that my univeristy uses for information visualization so it'll work, action script was set by defualt so I'm all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your artwork scanned or authored at 8K resolution or better? If it's not, there's no point wasting bandwidth on scaled-up bitmaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines