• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A whole bunch of bugs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Animate CC and seem to be getting a new bug every day right now. Pencil lines jump to the left when I lift the stylus. The import window is always empty - only shows folders, not files - so I have to drag and drop to import. It's stopped exporting SWFs. And saving is unreliable - I lost two days' work despite regular saving recently. I can only depend on 'save as'. I've tried reinstalling four times. 
Does anyone know of a magic ' fix bugs' feature hidden in the menus-?     

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

when you use your stylus, are you using the pencil tool? If so it can be set to Ink, Smooth, or Straighten and so that can make it jump or move a bit for sure.

If its not exporting to a SWF, is it possible that you are using a Canvas file instead of AS3 file?

to fix some stuff that might be acting weird, maybe you can reset your preferences?

Press and hold Control+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Animate

Hope that helps!

cheers,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSisterson  wrote

The import window is always empty - only shows folders, not files - so I have to drag and drop to import.

flashallfiles.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Clay! One bug down, three to go. I hope the rest are as simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you use your stylus, are you using the pencil tool? If so it can be set to Ink, Smooth, or Straighten and so that can make it jump or move a bit for sure.

If its not exporting to a SWF, is it possible that you are using a Canvas file instead of AS3 file?

to fix some stuff that might be acting weird, maybe you can reset your preferences?

Press and hold Control+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Animate

Hope that helps!

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Mark!

The swf issue was just happening with one scene so I'll check the canvas

issue, that could be it. Reset the preference and now the lines are

jumping the other way so maybe a bit of trial and error will fix that

one-! (I'm using ink pencil like with no smoothing)

Cheers

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure no worries Dennis. Glad I was able to help!

Pencil with ink settings jumps a little with me as well when I draw something, that's just the art fitting to the screen. I think its normal.

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's much more pronounced than in CS6 - I've been jumping back on there

from time to time to draw stuff.

cheers

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oooohhh! Don't tell anyone! Adobe made an announcement that you can only use the latest version or the previous version of the software. Stay undercover, keep on run.... and steer from the law! ha, ha!

Have fun animating!

cheers,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines