Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

action script3 in 2020

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have purchased Adobe Animate CC and I have 2 questions and please give me the answer of this question which are given below.

1- Would please tell me that will you close/stop the support of the action scripts3 Adobe Animate by 2020 or later?

2- If you close/stop the support of the action scripts/Adobe animate CC then can we continue to work with action scripts/Adobe Animate CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Hi.

Congratulations for your acquisition.

Yes. There will be support. What will be ended in 2020 is the Flash Player plugin for browsers. But AS3 and even the SWF format will still be around. You're going to be able to use SWF for offline usage. Also, you'll still be able to deploy content for desktop and mobile devices using the AIR runtime.

Also, you have other formats to work with in Animate CC, like HTML5 Canvas and WebGL-glTF.

I hope things are more clear to you.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Congratulations for your acquisition.

Yes. There will be support. What will be ended in 2020 is the Flash Player plugin for browsers. But AS3 and even the SWF format will still be around. You're going to be able to use SWF for offline usage. Also, you'll still be able to deploy content for desktop and mobile devices using the AIR runtime.

Also, you have other formats to work with in Animate CC, like HTML5 Canvas and WebGL-glTF.

I hope things are more clear to you.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines