• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ActionScript to HTML5

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there advantages to starting in ActionScript 3.0 then converting to HTML5(canvas) other than updating a legacy Flash file?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are making a new interactive game that needs to play in mobile browsers, and now computers that no longer have Flash Player plugin in stalled, you might as well work with HTML5 Canvas from the start.

If you are animating in order to make a video, then stick with using ActionScript 3.0 FLAs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Colin. I thought that Flash movies were also being depreciated. I have been watching a Linda.com/Linked In video on Adobe Animate and the author starts in ActionScript for the animation then converts to HTML5(canvas) to add interactivity. This is confusing to me and the instructional video series was made in 2019. Like you say start in HTML5 seems like it would be the correct procedue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which course is it? Perhaps I can explain? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its yours Joseph and thanks so much for responding. Your courses are great, not at all am I complaining. I bought your book Beginning Animate CC . This is the class, I am just trying to understand why ActionScript is used for the animation then Interactivity in HTML5.

Again Joseph thanks so much for responding,

The Class is
Adobe Animate Essential Training (2020)

Joseph Labrecque

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The classn is yours Joseph and thanks so much for responding.  I bought your book Beginning Animate CC . This is the class, I am just trying to understand why ActionScript is used for the animation then Interactivity in HTML5.

Again Joseph thanks so much for responding,

The Class is
Adobe Animate Essential Training (2020)

Joseph Labrecque

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines