• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

add cells at the start of the animation?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to introduce a credits at the beginning of the animation. So how can I add cells at the start of the animation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select all the timeline frames (shift click the top left frame/layer and the bottom right frame/layer) and move them (drag) them 1 frame to the right.

put whatever you want (eg, credits) in the now empty first frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank a lot

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh unfortunately it doesn't work, despite several tries the second half of my animation is disorganized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you're doing something wrong.

your timeline after the new frame is inserted should look exactly the same as before except every layer has an empty keyframe at that 1st frame.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes, that's how I imagined it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried several times and each time the second part of the animation was messy.
So I started to make a new file for the credits. File that I will try to integrate into the main file once the credits are finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not just how you imagine it:  it's how it should look or you're doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, maybe but I don't know what? 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, what's the timeline look like?

does each layer have an empty initial keyframe followed by frames that used to the initial keyframe?

here's a before pic:

gif.png

all frames/layers selected:

gif.png

all moved 1 frame:

gif.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's exactly how I did it.
The first half of my animation does not pose a problem, but at a precise moment it does not work anymore, the images shift, are not in the right place in the timming. I'll take a closer look at this spot to see if something's wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, thanks for your help. indeed, some layers did not end in the same places. So I added some empty cells to make all the layers end at the same time and now it's working. thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click on frame 1 above all the layers and then press F5 to insert a frame. Any keyframes that were in the first frame will have to be manually dragged over to the second frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks for your reply. I tried that too but via the F5 key I can't add a cell BEFORE all the animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're called frames, not "cells". And yes, you can, using the method I just described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up finding a solution but thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines