Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add custom commands to the commands menu

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

how can I add custom commands(jsfl-files) to the commands-menu in animate?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

TOPICS
Exchange extensions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Hi Dennis,

To add your jsfl files as commands under Commands menu in Animate CC, follow these steps (for Animate CC 2015.2):

1. Close Animate CC if it is running.

2. Copy your jsfl files at following location:

On win : C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2015.2\<your locale>\Configuration\Commands\

On Mac: /Users/<Username>/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Animate\ CC\ 2015.2/<your locale>/Configuration/Commands\

3. Start Animate CC and check commands menu.

Thanks,

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

To add your jsfl files as commands under Commands menu in Animate CC, follow these steps (for Animate CC 2015.2):

1. Close Animate CC if it is running.

2. Copy your jsfl files at following location:

On win : C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2015.2\<your locale>\Configuration\Commands\

On Mac: /Users/<Username>/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Animate\ CC\ 2015.2/<your locale>/Configuration/Commands\

3. Start Animate CC and check commands menu.

Thanks,

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we do this in Windows 10 with Animate CC 2018? I find 2 Commands folders in the app.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can follow the same steps as above, just navigate to Animate CC 2018 folder:

on Win 10: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2018\<your_locale>\Configuration\Commands

<your_locale> : App installed locale e.g. en_US

see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. YES works now. Fast response is Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to get this to work but when I put the files into the folder they don't show up in Animate. I tried rebooting Animate and my computer multiple times with no results.

Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please share Animate CC version and folder path where you put jsfl files?
Generally if we create new jsfl doc in Animate CC and do save file , it will open commands folder location (e.g. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\Commands) by default to save jsfl file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines