• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Using Wizard

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per the instructions, I am to open the Actions Panel & utilize the Add using wizard. Then choose Go to Scene & change the highlighted text from the generated code and select Next. Everything up to this point has gone accordingly. It is at this point that I'm to choose On Click but that isn't one of the available options listed. I have entered On Click in the search bar of the wizard with no success. I have restarted both Animate and my computer with no luck (I thought it might be a glitch). I have completely deleted the layer which I was working from and started from scratch with the same results. Can anyone shed some light on why the Actions Panel/Wizard isn't listing the options my textbook says it should? 

FYI - I am a student who is working solely on the instructions in my textbook - Adobe Animate 2019 release (Chapters 8 & 9). 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're using as3, correct?

what animate version?

you selected an object and stage and then tried to add something from the animations>actions folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as3 on Animate 2019 (Student Creative Cloud). The textbook did not instruct me to select an object on the stage. Create a new layer > rename layer actions > Click frame 1 in the layer > Open Actions Panel and then the rest of the instructions as listed in my original post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The option to add using wizard isn't available for AS3 projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which book? I'm familiar with many of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate CC 2019 Release Classroom in a Book authored by Russell Chun. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines