Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE AINIMATE PREVIEW HTML5 FILE

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have three huge problems. I am making a HTML5 document FLA file for use on the internet, but it will obviously be accessible by mobile devices as thats the big market these days.

When I test the FLA within Animate, it opens Chrome and works fine.

But I need to do the following:

1) when I go to the HTML file (I have the HTML file in root directory of creative cloud and then an /images folder with the sprite sheet), the HTML file opens chrome and I see the front screen, but nothing works, hovering over buttons doesnt do anything to the cursor either.

2) I want to view my published HTML via my smartphone so I can see it is behaving etc. But I cant do this. How do I view the HTML file on my mobile phone? (I know I need to resolve problem 1 before this will work)

3) How do I show other people my work in progress? Can I put the HTML file along with the images on creative cloud and enable sharing, or can I put them on google drive etc? I need others to view my HTML file that im working on to see what they think of it etc.

Ive tried opening the html in dreamweaver but all I get is the canvas stage colour and not images, buttomns or anything. I tried the Preview option in dreamweaver and when showing in Chrome I just get the stage colour too.

So in a nutshell please can someone explain how I:

1) get the HTML file in the explorer directly to work like it doesnt when testing in adobe animate

2) Preview the file on my mobile phone as this is the main audience

3) allow others to view my HTML file so they can tell me if its what they want.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

You could take a screenshot and send it to them. You could load all the files to Dropbox or google drive and share it with them. Also, you can make a screen capture video showing them how the website works. These are all if you don't have your own server or rent server space somewhere to load the files on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a web document, so you need to put it on a web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, but why can you make webpages on a local computer using notepad and implement css and javascript etc then test it without it being on a webserver?

Ive tried putting the html file and images folder on wamp server too and had no luck with that either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what you asked. You asked how you can view it on devices other than your local computer. The answer to that question is: Put it on a web server. A public web server, not whatever wamping around you've been doing. Then give the URL where it's uploaded to whoever you want to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could take a screenshot and send it to them. You could load all the files to Dropbox or google drive and share it with them. Also, you can make a screen capture video showing them how the website works. These are all if you don't have your own server or rent server space somewhere to load the files on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nick, than you very much for your help and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines